Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:46:03 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DOS?

Greetings.

I work for a company that develops hardware and software protocol
analysers.  We already ship a DOS version of our software, and I am one of
the developers currently working on a Windows version (I'm hoping I can
persuade them to let me develop a *nix version later too).

It's come to the stage where I need our DOS product next to me as
reference, but I cannot use it on my main development machine, as the
software does not run under Windows, and if I dual boot FreeBSD with DOS,
I lose my network traffic (I only have 2 machines!).

My only alternative is to either stop using freebsd, and install DOS and a
DOS based TCP/IP stack, or find a DOS emulator that will work under
FreeBSD.

I've not managed to get DOSEMU to compile, and I dont have time to play
with it to try either, and bochs appears to be broken.

Does anyone know of another emulator?  Or has anyone successfully compiled
DOSEMU under FreeBSD?

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated!

Cliff

- while (!asleep) { code(); }