Date:      Wed, 16 May 2007 11:28:37 +0200
From:      Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@caraldi.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug report for jkim's linux-sun-jdk-1.6

Hi,

Thanks for providing linux-sun-jdk-1.6, it works well on i386 (see
my other post about amd64).

However a common problem that I encountered on both architectures
(i386 and amd64) under different FreeBSD versions (5.5-PRERELEASE
and 6.2-STABLE) is that files created by Java do not have the
correct permissions.

Example file with bad permissions:

--wS-wS---  1 jbq  wheel   294B 16 mai 11:10 /home/jbq/.m2/repository/org/jvnet/hudson/hudson/maven-metadata-local.xml

This reminds me of a problem I had with installing Gentoo on
FreeBSD, described here:
http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.freebsd.emulator/browse_frm/thread/1b0cf002742e8916/4bb8c5089797b52d?lnk=st&q=freebsd+permissions+linuxulator&rnum=4&hl=fr#4bb8c5089797b52d

NOTE: this problem is specific to version 1.6 of the Linux JDK

NOTE 2: I'm not sending a PR as the port is not committed in
FreeBSD yet, I'm using the one from
http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/linux-sun-jdk16u1-port.tar.gz
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot