Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2020 13:30:00 -0800
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>, questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How can I download FreeBSD 13 snapshot?

On 1/31/20 12:21 PM, Bob Willcox wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is the current best way to download the release 13 snapshot. I usedt to
> use ncftp to do this but now I get this whan I try:
>
> Could not connect to 96.47.72.84: Connection refused.
>
> Is there a better way these days?
I use it quite frequently, which URL are you using?  On us-west coast i
get routed to the ISC mirror, perhaps your local mirror is having issues?

$ ftp ftp.freebsd.org
Trying 2001:4f8:1:11::15:0:21 ...
Connected to ftp.geo.freebsd.org.
220 This is ftp0.isc.freebsd.org - hosted at ISC.org
Name (ftp.freebsd.org:pete): ftp
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
230-
230-This is ftp0.isc.FreeBSD.org, graciously hosted by
230-Internet Systems Consortium - ISC.org.
230-
230-FreeBSD files can be found in the /pub/FreeBSD directory.
230-
230 Login successful.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.