Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:00:11 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Podcast management software?

I think I must be the only one using FreeBSD who wants to listen to
podcasts. :)

I'm having trouble finding decent podcast downloading/management software
to use on my FreeBSD desktop. Although a number of media player/
management programs (Exaile, Rhythmbox, Amarok, BMPx) have podcast-
capabilities, they are limited and seem tacked-on as an afterthought.
Missing is something along the lines of IcePodder, jPodder, Juice
Reciever, etc.

Because I want to keep my podcast directory current so it's ready to be
synced with my media player at pretty much any time, even a command-line
program (run via cron) would suffice. I fear not editing text
configuration files. I just need SOMETHING that has the basic features I
need. Not even castget nor podcatcher have more than "download what's
new" features.

What I need is to be able to manage my already-downloaded podcasts, so
that I can choose things like "only keep the last X number of podcasts"
and "only keep podcasts from the last X days/weeks". Seems simple, right?

Does anyone know of any program in the ports that can do this? If there's
one out there not in ports, is there someone willing to add it? Thanks
ever so much!