Date:      Wed, 07 Oct 1998 01:02:47 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        "Frank Griffith" <frankg@idfw.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do I recover when my FreeBSD Computer Reboots

At 08:52 AM 10/6/98 -0500, you wrote:

> I am running FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a Pentium system. I use
> ppp and Apache to make this machine a web server which
> I can then access from remote sites. Trouble is, if the
> weather turns bad, like this morning, and the computer
> reboots, how do I get ppp and Apache to reload automatically
> even if no one is there to re-login?  Can these two programs
> be run even if the login prompt is ignored?

Hi Frank,

You can start Apache from /etc/rc.local by adding..

# put your local stuff here
/usr/local/sbin/httpd

Not sure about ppp.. never tried it on reboot.  You'll have to rely on the ppp
gurus for that one.

Hope this helps..

Jim

|=> Jim Mock [jim@thunder.st0rm.com] [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	<=|
|=> st0rm Internet Services | web: http://www.st0rm.com/	<=|
|=> Website Design & Hosting | Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	<=|