Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:51:57 -0300
From:      Rogiel Sulzbach <rogiel@rogiel.com>
To:        "=?utf-8?Q?freebsd-arm=40freebsd.org?=" <arm@freebsd.org>, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Subject:   Re: De-orbit Allwinner A10/A20/A31 for 12.0

Hello Emmanuel,

we have recently considered to switching from i.MX6 to a A20 for cost reasons.

I have just bought a Banana Pi with an A20 to test performance and compare it to the Wandboard. The problem with H3 (and all other better socs) is the lack of a proper SATA controller. A real controller is only available in A10/A20 SoCs, all others go through a horrible SATA-to-USB adapter that is horribly slow.

Anyway, in case we decide to switch, I can keep the A20 running -CURRENT. I might need some help getting started since I do not have a lot of experience in the kernel, other than the AHCI driver for the imx.