Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 2004 00:10:40 -0500
From:      "Joseph H. Fry" <joe@thefrys.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   First questions: rebuilding world

Hello everyone!

Seeing as how this is my first post to this fine mailing list, I first
want to make sure that my message is formatted properly.  I'm using MS
Outlook (cringe) and don't want to offend anyone if it's formatted
incorrectly.

Anyway, on to my real question.  I have my system installed, and have
CVSup-ed my source... So I think I'm ready to rebuild the world.
However, considering that my BSD box is in a remote out of the way
location in my basement, I am using ssh to do as much as possible on the
box.  Can I rebuild my system via ssh, or do I NEED to work directly on
the machine?  Can I drop into single user mode and still access the
system via ssh (I know, sounds like I answered my own question, but hey
we newbies never know)

Thanks,

---- Joe Fry ----
(joe@thefrys.com)