Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:35:50 +0800
From:      Thor Ablestar <thor@irk.ru>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HP Pavilion DV6 overheats under FreeBSD

Hello!

On 03/11/11 22:07, Thor Ablestar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Notebook HP Pavilion DV6-3109er (Mobile Phenom II x4, double Mobility
> Radeon) keeps processor temperature about 60 degC under FreeBSD
> 8.2-RELEASE GENERIC kernel, and under custom kernel with device
> acpi_video and acpi_hp. The battery life is probably 80 minutes,
> system fan works at low RPM.
> Data files are (If my Apache is OK)
> http://plasmodius.dyndns.org/pavilion - if not, make me know.
I have looked at the guts of my asl and have found basically the following:

  If (_OSI ("Windows 2006"))
  {
     Store (0x40, TPOS)
}

and the lot of "If (LEqual (TPOS, 0x40))" everywhere, including thermal
and video sections.

Can it mean that some functions I need are specifically Windows-only and
intentionally disabled in other systems (add Windows conspiration
paranoid to taste)?

           Thor