Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:07:14 +1300
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nautilus-cd-burner requires additional group memberships for 2.22?

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 10:59 +1300, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>
>> I tried to burn a cd(rw) today, and nautilus aborted the burn with error
>> message "could not write to the disc". This appears to be a group
>> membership problem, as I could burn it with cdrecord.
>>
>> I notice that on Linux you need to be in the "cdrw" or some similar
>> group before naulilus will let you write cds - is this the same for
>> FreeBSD? (and, err how does one find out the name of said group?).
>>

> See http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q15 .

Thanks Marcus, however all looks good according to what the faq suggests
(i.e devices and permissions).

In the meantime I had logged in as root and tried nautilus cd burner
again, and it worked fine - confirming permissions as the issue.

I enabled nautilus-cd-burner debug and tried yet again logged in as my
standard user instead of root...and the cd burned fine!... good grief,
not sure what has "fixed" it - as I have changed no permissions or group
settings for the user. I guess if it happens again I'll get more info
given debug is enabled...

Any ideas? be nice to understand what happened...

Mark