Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:24:19 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Erik Sabowski <airyk@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIS problems

I am trying to set up NIS on freebsd 4.5. I had it working, but now ypbind
is giving me problems. when i start ypbind, then try to run 'rpcinfo -p
localhost' to see if it registered with the portmapper, it just hangs. but
if i kill ypbind then try running rpcinfo again, it works, only listing
portmapper.

also, when i kill ypbind, i get the following error:
ypbind[144]: could not read from child: Interrupted system call

#airyk

--
airyk@sdf.lonestar.org