Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:43:27 +0100
From:      "Lawrence Farr" <freebsd-stable@epcdirect.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Install onto 6Tb array

I'd like to install stable directly onto a 6Tb Areca array, and
have run out of clues how to do it. In the past I've always
used a separate boot volume that was small enough for sysinstall
to work with, but I have no space to fit more drives in this
chassis. I've tried putting a small partition on the start,
which boots fine, but screws up the disk sizing as the geometry
is wrong I guess? tried diskprep, but that gets the gemometry
wrong as well. Is the only option to use gpt and restore to
it from another boot device and hope that the bios can boot it?

Lawrence Farr
EPC Direct Limited