Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:18:33 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, ijliao@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rsync 5.x breakage

Oliver Braun wrote:

> The problem is that sed(1) on -current fails with "sed -i.bak file", if
> file.bak already exists, but perl does not. Since net/rsync/Makefile
> uses 3 ${REINPLACE_CMD}s on one file (rsync.h), I have removed the
> backup file with ${RM} file.bak between the calls.
>
> ==> ${REINPLACE_CMD} has different semantics on -current and -stable

Given that we're currently discussing alternatives to REINPLACE_CMD, I
would suggest that for now, not trying to switch all the ports over to
it might be a good idea.

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?