Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 04:12:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        centralghetto@gmx.net
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IR port under FBSD?

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Jamie Bowden wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 sigxcpu@einstein.ccc.homeunix.org wrote:
>
> > In muc.lists.freebsd.mobile, you wrote:
> >
> > > I have successfully used birda with the IR port on my Latitude C810.
> > >

> > How did you setup this Scenario?
>
> I used it with 4-S.  I didn't do anything complex, just attached to the
> port and setup a connection to another computer with it for testing.
>
> > I've the following Components:
>
> > Dell Latitude XP
> > FreeBSD 5.1p8
> >

> > ..using birda dont give me success to connect to my Nokia 8210.
> >
> > Could you post your Commandline/Options/ppp Configs and tell me,
> > in which Mode you'r running this Connection (FIR|SIR)?
>
> I just re-enabled the IR port and FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p8 #7: Fri Sep 26
> 13:42:31 EDT 2003 doesn't appear to be able to attach to it.
>
> sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio1: port may not be enabled

I know, bad form follwoing up to myself.

I played with this some more over the weekend and FBSD to attached to the
IR port as sio1 (not sure why it didn't attach above).  I was able to
successfully use ircomm to talk to a friends Dell PacketPC running WinCE
over IR.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"