Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:31:02 +0200
From:      Gregers Petersen <gp.ioa@cbs.dk>
To:        vittorio <vdemart1@tin.it>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Activating acpi on a thinkpad R51

vittorio wrote:
> I wonder what steps should I take using the battery to make my thinkpad R51 go
> to stand-by or suspend (by the way, what's the difference between suspend &
> stand-by?) when I close the lid and what should I do  to resume the suspended
> session?

If you take a quick look through the archives, of the last 3 months, you will
find a thread which discusses this problem --> there is a patch for the agp

http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/agp_cvs.patch

, which after some re-compile business makes it possible to resume from suspend
+ there is also a dpms patch which increases the suspend time (battery time).

http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/acpi_video_dpms.patch

I'm myself using a R51 ...

--

Gregers