Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 16:16:36 +1100
From:      "Geoff Cooper" <geoff@aims.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Wd0, wd1, ad0, ad1

I installed FreeBSD 4.0 on a 500M drive. I have since run out of space, and
am
looking at adding a 200M to the box. Could someone please explain why I see:

wd0
wd1
ad0
ad1

in the partition part of a custom install (still in 4.0-release here).

They seem to be mirroring. I see data mirrored for wd0-> wd1, and I'm not
sure
which ad should be mounted.

Thanks in advance,

Geoff Cooper