Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:02:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Richard J Kuhns <rjk@grauel.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   YA ssh question (ssh-askpass?)

I just built- and installed- world about an hour ago, and removed the
ssh-1.2.27 port.  The build and install went without a problem, but I've
apparently lost some functionality.

I spend most of my time in xemacs, and I make heavy use of CVS to access a
couple of remote repositories.  I've had CVS_RSH=ssh for quite some time,
and use vc (the emacs/xemacs interface to CVS) to handle my sources.  Up
until this morning, it worked fine.  Whenever I needed to access a remote
repository, a window popped up to ask for my password.  Now, I just get an
error message saying "You have no controlling tty.  Cannot read
passphrase."

I've installed a Tcl/Tk version of ssh-askpass in /usr/local/bin (which
works by itself; I've tried it). I've also set SSH_ASKPASS_ENV to
/usr/local/bin/ssh-askpass, but it hasn't made any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com