Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 1995 22:43:17 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <Nik.Clayton@brunel.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.0.5 and slices

How do,

Something that's been vaguely bugging me with 2.0.5 and it's
slice/partition scheme.

I've got a DOS partition on my machine, with FreeBSD as the second OS.
According to the documentation my various partitions should therefore be
of the form /dev/sd0s2? where '?' is the partition name (first SCSI
drive on the system).

And this is what I see. /usr/ for example is mounted from /dev/sd0s2e.

However, the '/' filesystem is mounted from /dev/sd0a, not /dev/sd0s2a.
It works fine, but I was wondering why the discrepancy. I haven't
spotted anything about this in the various READMEs, and was curious.

=-[Opinion, n: See the above text for an example]=-=[Kibo #: e]-[RYRYRY]=-=
=-[The Silly Sod Society: To perfect and to swerve]=-[beable]-=[TP U BG]=-=
Genius is the talent of a person who is dead.