Date:      Thu, 30 Apr 1998 00:59:58 -0400
From:      Jim Carroll <jim@carroll.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   BOOT_FORCE_COMCONSOLE trouble

 We have compiled a  bootloader  BOOT_FORCE_COMCONSOLE  to  work  at  remote
 locations  where we do not keep moitors and keyboards. Most of the time, we
 do not have a serial console connected to this  machine.  Any  applications
 that  attempt  to  write  to  the serial console get caught in a wait state
 until we either slay them, or connect our serial console.

 I  know  we  have missed something basic. Can someone point me in the right
 direction of where to look ?

 Thanks

---
Jim C., President       | C A R R O L L - N E T, Inc.
201-488-1332            | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
www.carroll.com         |