Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 14:01:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Robert Perry Booth <rbooth@email.sjsu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   install problems :(

Hi,

I am a new freeBSD user (or at least trying to become one) and am having
problems getting the kernel to boot. In a nutshell, here is info on my
PC and the problem I am experiencing. Any help in getting me up and
running will be greatly appreciated!

PC Specs: NEC Ready 9624 with 133MHZ Pentium, 16M RAM, 8X CD-ROM, 2GB IDE
	  HD (Windows 95, primary), 120MB HD (freeBSD almost, secondary),
	  floppy, etc.

Problem:

Secondary drive is setup as Slave drive on "primary" IDE interface,
and on intial boot from CD-ROM (FreeBSD 2.2.2, June 1997) all device
conflicts are removed and only relevant devices on my system remain
as "Active" devices. I then am able to go through the installation process
without problem installing the "User" distribution, finish configuration,
reboot and I then get the following:
F1 - dos
F5 - disk 2

F?

I try to select disk 2 but, I the another prompt as follows:

F1 - BSD
F5 - disk 1

F?

This continues on toggling back and forth.

I hope this is enough information for you to provide some feedback.

Again, any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert
_ _
Robert P. Booth