Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 11:27:03 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Alexey M. Zelkin" <phantom@cris.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/share/man/man?/{i386|alpha}

Hello !

I am interesting about idea of directories man?/{i386|alpha}.
By their names I can understand that they are directories there
platform specific man pages for certain man section will be stored.
As I see there are only hard-linked manpages in man?/i386 directories. But
it's interesting -- will these directories be used in future for
storing unique (not hard-linked with other man pages) man pages ?
If so, then I can add some patches for makewhatis(1)/catman(1) while
I am working with internationalization support for this stuff.

PS: Yes, these utilities not contain functionality to understand
subdirectories in man directories.

--
Sincerely Yours,   | phantom@crimea.edu      (primary)
Alexey Zelkin      | phantom@scorpion.crimea.ua (home)