Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:34:08 +0000
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DEor=F0ur?= Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
To:        Chuck <crtb@capecod.net>
Cc:        jlemon@americantv.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gawd!  Am I a newbie forever?

Chuck wrote:

> jlemon@americantv.com  sez:
> >On Nov 11, 1997 at 12:53:38PM -0500, Chuck wrote:
> >> Just when I thought I had the hang of it :-(
> >>
> >> Whenever I boot one of my two 2.2.2R systems, I get the configuration
> >> menu before the boot continues.  I have to hit return to finish the
> >> boot.  The other system boots cleanly.
> >>
> >> I can't find anything in the configuration menu which says to turn the
> >> damn thing off!  The system is completely configured, runs like a top,
> >> and yet .. I can't boot hands off.  If I shutdown -r now, and come back
> >> ten minutes later, it's sitting there in that silly menu offering me
> >> three choices, the first of which gets the boot rolling.
> >
> >Try checking /boot.config; this contains default options that are passed
> >to `boot' when it comes up.  It sounds like you have ``-c'' in this file,
> >which would always drop you in the UserConfig menu on a reboot.
> >--
> >Jonathan
>
> Sorry, there isn't any /boot.config.  The root directory has no plain
> files except for /kernel*, .cshrc, .profile, COPYRIGHT and new-registration.
> The dotfiles are unexceptional.  --Yes, finding something like a file
> named /boot.config would be a dead giveaway!
>         Chuck

Did you create new kernel for the machine ?

If 'new kernel'
	then 'options         USERCONFIG_BOOT         #imply -c and parse info
area'
		must have slipped in to your config !

else
	'don't know !'

--
Þórður Ívarsson		Thordur Ivarsson
Rafeindavirki		Electronic technician

FreeBSD has good features,
Some others are full of unwanted features!