Date:      Fri, 4 May 2007 19:38:03 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acd and iostat [was Re: FreeBSD vs Region Code DVDs]

--g7w8+K/95kPelPD2

On 2007-May-04 16:51:05 +1000, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au> wrote:
>Thanks.  The only other reason I can see for removing acdX from these
>stats would be to save on some admittedly precious screen real estate.

Having cd0, acd0 and pass0 as three separate entries does strike me as
excessive.  I think that, in general, what is wanted is an indication
of the I/O load on a device, not the I/O load on the different I/O
paths to that device.  Not reporting acd0 at all is not a fix.
Ideally, either the kernel or vmstat would combine these statistics
into a single set (though I'm not sure how to work out that cd0, acd0
and pass0 reference the same device).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--g7w8+K/95kPelPD2