Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:46:02 -0700
From:      Jason Denton <denton@cs.colostate.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB Compact Flash Reader

I am trying to get the compact flash card reader that came with my I-Jam
50 setup. It is a USB mass storage device, I'm running 4.2 Stable. I
have the following devices in my kernel config :

device uchi
device usb
device ugen
device umass
device scbus
device da
device pass

The order above is the order in which the appear in the config file
(this makes a difference I thing).

I do make depend, make, make install, and reboot. The kernel does
correctly prode the device at boot time, I get :

usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ugen0: SHUTTLE SCM Micro USBAT-02 , rev 1.00/0.05, addr 2
uhci1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xd800-0xd81f irq 10 at device
4.3 on pc
i0SC[A
usb1: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

camcontrol devlist -v give me:
scbus-1 on xpt0 bus 0:
<  >                               at scbus-1 target -1 lun -1 (xpt0)

camcontrol rescan 0 gives me :
camcontrol: CAMIOCOMMAND ioctl failed: Invalid argument

and when I try to mount I get
mount -t msdos /dev/da0 /mnt/flash
msdos: /dev/da0: Device not configured

I think part of the problem is that I do not have a SCSI adapter in the
system and the scsi code isn't getting activated, but I'm not sure. Does
anybody have a solution, or thought on what to try next?

Jason Denton