Date:      Mon, 20 May 2002 21:28:39 -0400
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dhclient problems with -RC

Hello,

I cvsupped earlier today.  Built and installed both the kernel and the
world.  Since then I have two problems.

May 20 21:09:27 cartman /kernel: icmp redirect from xx.xx.xx.xx:
yy.yy.yy.yy=> yy.yy.yy.yy

This message is being logged about once a second.  The from ip is mine, the
destination ip changes but seems to always be on my "local" segment.

Also, my dhclient is looping.  It'll obtain a lease, give a null pointer
error (I don't see it in the logs now, but I remember reading it off the
screen), and then proceed to try and obtain the lease again, getting the
next available ip.  This happens with both the stock dhclient and the one
bundled with the isc-dhcp port.

Help please?
--Chris