Date:      Wed, 09 Jul 1997 22:48:07 +0200
From:      Caspar Arquint <arquint@inf.ethz.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to configure PC-Cards correctly?

I'd like to use the pc card option in FreeBSD 2.2-gamma. I went
through the

	- kernel configuration
	- /etc/sysconfig
	- /etc/pccard.conf

and read

	- pccardd(8)
	- pccard.conf(4)

I run pccardd with "-v -d" and it only reported that it "can not
install driver..." - or something similar.

I also browsed the FAQ's, the handbook and the mailing list archives,
as well. All I found was an empty handbook entry and some mails from
others with the same question but no answers.

Is there someone out there who finally succeded to configure his FreeBSD
box to use pc cards properly?

I have a 3Com 589C and an Adaptec 1460A which I'd like to use. How should
I do that?

Any help is appreciated.

--- Caspar