Date:      27 Jan 2003 18:16:00 -0500
From:      Mykroft Holmes IV <mykroft@explosive.mail.net>
To:        Paul Miller <paul_m_nz@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Silly Question - Fbsd + Win 3.1

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 17:06, Paul Miller wrote:
> Everyone,
> Will fbsd + Win 3.1 coexist?  I know that you're probably asking why (I'm
> asking this myself) but I may need to do it anyway.

Yes, just treat it the same as Win95 for this purpose.

> I've searched the online doc's/archives and can't find reference to it
> (earliest Win OS mention is win95).
>
> Any pointers / assistance would be appreciated.

Partition your drive into two primary partitions, the first is for
DOS/Win3.1 and can be created via DOS FDisk (Just leave empty space for
FreeBSD, and be sure to use DOS fdisk, rather than Win956 or Win98
FDISK), install DOS and Win3.11, then install FreeBSD normally to the
unpartitioned space (Creating partitions in the FreeBSD installer, of
course). Install the FreeBSD bootloader to the MBR and you should be
good to go.

Adam