Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 00:21:24 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Robert Sexton <robert@kudra.com>, Alex Le Heux <alexlh@funk.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Superblock.

Julian Elischer scribbled this message on Sep 10:
> At least one person has already written this program...
>
> THeey have mentionned this  in the hackers list so maybe a search of the
> list may turn something up..
> withing th last 2 years from memory.

actually, it should be part of my ffsrecov program that I wrote... I'm
not sure how well it works, but it should do what most people want to
find the super block...

> On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Robert Sexton wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 10:26:26AM +0200, Alex Le Heux wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I once had a similar situation: I had wiped my disklabel.
> >
> > <Useful help deleted>
> >
> > I know its easy to suggest somebody else do things, but turning this
> > into software might make for a very handy salvage tool, without a lot
> > of work for the author.  We seem to have folks popping up often
> > looking for little projects.
> >
> > I wonder how many folks have toasted drives in a recoverable way and
> > not bothered to ask for help....

[why can't people learn to delete sig's?]

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson