Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:39:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Fuller <platypus@wombat.matrixtek.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ethernet card

I just did an upgrade from 3.x-stable to 4-stable.  The whole process went
over very well, and everything in my system works great, except my 3Com
ethernet card (which worked just fine before the upgrade).  This kinda
makes a frantic time for me, since this is my main sever AND gateway to my
network.  I have been looking through the archives for this list and not
finding anything that resolves my problem here.  I have tried everything I
can think of, including making the ep0 setup in the kernel match exactly
what it had been for 3.x.  The message I am getting is:
ifconfig: interface ep0 does not exist

my rc.conf on this says:

network_interfaces="ep0 lo0 tun0" # List of network interfaces (lo0 is
loopback).
ifconfig_ep0="inet 206.114.39.193 netmask 255.255.255.240"
ifconfig_ep0_alias0="inet 192.168.0.8 netmask 255.255.255.0"

Also, get messages:
ad1: UDMA ICRC READ ERROR blk# xxxxxx retrying
etc.

Any suggestions?

Fight Spam! Join CAUCE! -- http://www.cauce.org

VirusScan Detected Windows:  (A)bort, (D)elete, (F)ormat C: