Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:28:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      webmaster <webmaster@funkltd.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   text vga mode

Hi,

I am trying to use an old 21 inch monitor with bsd. It will only accept
high screen resolutions at boot up text mode or all the text sort of
 runs over each other untill you actually start X windows. When I had
Linux on that box, I fixed the text mode prob by adding the line 'vga=792'
in  lilo.conf so that text mode booted to 1068 X as soon as the os
started. What lines would I add to rc.conf to accomplish the same effect?

Sincerely,

Russ Mummey
<webmaster@funkltd.com>