Date:      Mon, 05 Jul 1999 10:48:14 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, archie@whistle.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Digital cameras

Luigi

> But now i have started seeing (especially for video cameras) pixel
> counts that are beyond reasonable video resolution, and that makes
> me think that perhaps the the actual resolution is the pixel count
> in the Ad divided by 3 ?

On LCD displays, like those in the VR Headsets I have, the number
of Pixels on the LCD display is actual 'light emitting'
elements. As 3 elements are used for each pixel (R,G and B)
you also have to divide Advertised number by 3.

So, the trend for marketting is the number of elements and
not the number of pixels.

bye
Roger