Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:19:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
Cc:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD in a rocket.

Andy Sporner wrote:
> On 14-Feb-02 Josef Karthauser wrote:
> > I need to put together a computer to install in a small J-class
> > rocket for collecting telemetry and other data.  I'd really love
> > to run some kind of BSD on it and ideally land the data on a
> > flash-card or such device.  I'd really appreciate any recommendations
> > for an inexpensive device or development board to use for the job.
> As for hardware perhaps the Mini-biscuit PC from advantech. I
> just looked at found one that uses a 486 DX-66 with up to 32 MB
> EDD RAM one compactflash socket and ethernet (CPC-2245-3200). It
> goes for about 280 Euro and the development board for another 190.

You might also look at Soren Kristenson's net4501; it is a 486 DX100
equivalent (really an embedded 133 MHz AMD processor) with 64 MB ram,
compact flash, compact PCI, three (!) ethernet, partial regular PCI,
serial port (second serial is optional).  All together US$192, quantity
one.  Check out his website, http://www.soekris.com/, for more information.

I'm not associated with him, I'm just a happy customer. :-)
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/