Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:48:53 +0800
From:      gwzhao@multiwave.com.sg (Gorton Zhao Guo Wei)
To:        "'Phil Jenvey'" <support@cdrom.com>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Problems on installing Free BSD 2.2.6

Yes, I have two IDE hard-disks. One is connected to 1st IDE interface and another is connected to 2nd IDE. The 2nd IDE is connected to a IDE CD-ROM as well. When I installed Free BSD, I disabled the 1st IDE interface from the BIOS, and left the 2nd IDE interface alone to the computer. The hard-disk settings, which is related to 1st IDE interface, were set to none or disable. I used this method to install Linux, QNX and all Microsoft stuffs as well. None of them failed. The rock-reliable Free BSD should not fail too.

BTW, I tried wd(1,a)kernel, but the result is same. I may try to remove my 1st hard-disk to see how. I thank you for your helps.

Regards,
Gorton