Date:      Tue, 16 May 1995 15:55:09 +0200
From:      Peter Thiemann <thiemann@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   installing on ACER 760 laptop

Hi, when I try to install 2.0-950412-SNAP on the laptop I get as far
as to the point where newfs is run. This fails with the message
wd0a:wdstart:
timeout waiting to give command writing fsbn 1008 of 1008-1023
(wd0 bn 250992; cn 124 tn 16 sn 0)
wd0: status 0 error1<no_dam>
and the system hangs retrying the command.
The disk is a TOSHIBA MK1924FCV, 518MB w128kb cache.

Please answer by mail if you have any suggestions.

BTW: creating filesystem with LINUX works, but I'd prefer FreeBSD if
possible. I haven't tried earlier releases of FreeBSD, yet.

Cheers,
	Peter