Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 04:35:59 +0200
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Use PCMCIA instead of CardBus?

Kirk Strauser wrote:

> Basically, for a magic formula to make my non-Cardbus PCMCIA card work under
> FreeBSD (without throwing "CIS is too long" errors) just like it does under
> OpenBSD, NetBSD, and Linux.

I'm trying to do similar things.. I'm trying to get a wi0 wi-fi card
working on non-cardbus pcmcia.  It worked mostly (with acpi disabled) on
5.3.  With 5.4 now I just get device timeout.  Plus, the sysinstall for
several iterations of the same manual procedure set the interface down
(and kept it down) after I manually configured it in the fixit shell
(providing the same options in sysinstall's network dialog wouldn't
work).  Ah.. the pain...  I think I'll switch back to NetBSD on that box
aswell, which ran fine. *sigh*

mkb.