Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 1996 16:51:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@diamond.xtalwind.net>
To:        jjchin@onesimus.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: http://www.freebsd.org/support.html

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 jjchin@onesimus.com wrote:

> I have 2 Western Digital EIDE 2.5GB drives in my FreeBSD 2.1.5 system.
> Every so often my second drive generates the following error message.
>
> wd: interrupt timeout:
> wd1: status 58<seekdone,drq> error 0
> wd1: interrupt timeout:
> wd1: status 50<seekdone> error 1<no_dam>
>
> What does this mean?  BTW, I've tried reversing the two drives and
> reinstalled everything ... same thing occurs.
>
> One more note, the system was originally 2.1.0 and I upgraded the kernel.
> Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Yes.  It started for me after I installed the new motherboard.  No matter
how I set the BIOS or which OS I'm running, FreeBSD, OS/2, or Lose95, the
damned APM powers down the drives.

Solution?  I'm accepting any and all contributions to my SCSI fund.  <G>

Jack O'Neill                    Finger jacko@onyx.xtalwind.net or
jack@xtalwind.net               http://www.xtalwind.net/~jacko/pubpgp.html
#include <std_disclaimers.h>    for my PGP key.
 PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD