Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:07:33 +1000
From:      "Chris Knight" <chris@aims.com.au>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 4.1 disks

Howdy,

I'd have to agree here. I went to install the CVS repository, only to find
that the last disk set containing this was 3.1. I then had to grab 18 months
of repository updates - about 450MB worth. While I didn't mind that, I'm
sure that the cvsup servers and their maintainers would have an easier time
of it if the repository was available on CD at the same time a release is
made. It saves people time, money and bandwidth.

Also, distfiles should be made available. Not necessarily with the release,
but at least on a release supplement set. It would also be possible to make
the next release a 6 CD set by using the fold-out trays for the front and
back cover. This shouldn't add too much to the packaging costs of a CD set.

I know this has been discussed before, but it would be nice to know what is
planned for subsequent releases.

Regards,
Chris Knight
Systems Administrator
AIMS Independent Computer Professionals
Tel: +61 3 6334 6664  Fax: +61 3 6331 7032  Mob: +61 419 528 795
Web: http://www.aims.com.au