Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 18:07:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@nbc.netcom.ca>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, keith waters <keith4@ilink.nis.za>
Subject:   Re: Unreasonable rebuild time on large password files

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, J Wunsch wrote:

> No need.  It's already there.  Guido once implemented incremental
> updates to the password database if only a single user's entry has
> been changed.  They seem to be non-optional (much to my surprise :),
> and the default in FreeBSD 2.2 and above.

    Ah, geez, that's right... I even remember pestering him about it a
long time ago.  :)  So the patches have been integrated?  I didn't see
any mention of them in the man pages, so I presumed it was still
necessary to patch it separately.  How do you enable the feature?
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@netcom.ca)