Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:20:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Naief BinTalal <naief@cyfari.com>
To:        ming lap chow <mlchow@lbl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hardware compatibility list

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, ming lap chow wrote:

Dear Sir,
The OS is different form the X window system. FreeBSD uses XFree86 which
by the does support your card!
you may use the XF86_SVGA server for it.
for more information check out the XFree86 webpage at
http://www.xfree86.org

> Dear Sir or Madam: I got FreeBSD 4 CD set for free ($5 mandatory donation) at
> a computer show. The version I got is 3.0. I installed that successfully to
> some extent. I can't access X windows. This makes me wonder if my video card
> is supported. Can you tell me how I can find out if my video card is supported
> ? I visited the website "http://www.freebsd.org/" and could not find an
> answer to my question. I learnt that version 3.2 is now available. Is there a
> way to find out if my video card (Trident 3D Image 975 AGP) is supported?
> Thank you. -- Ming Chow

Naief BinTalal                         naief@cyfari.com
CyFari Inc			       The Commerce Engine
Network Operations Center.	       http://www.cyfari.com
Daytona Beach Florida.  	       Tel: 904-258-1116
USA.     			       Fax: 904-257-1311