Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 12:58:39 -0600
From:      Jeff Kreska <jeff_kreska@ftw.paging.mot.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux compat

I got FreeBSD 2.1 installed on a couple of machines, and all appears to be
running well.  I tryed to run a linux binary and it core dumped on me.  I
thouht that the generic kernel didn't have linux compat built in so I decided
to rebuild the krenel with COMPAT_LINUX option.

Rebuilt and reinstalled kernel and re-booted.

Now when I try and run the linux binary I get the following errors:
/usr/local/bin/ce: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

If I say file /usr/local/bin/ce :
/usr/local/bin/ce: setuid Linux/i386 demand-paged executable (ZMAGIC)

Is this type of file supported??

Also do you have to configure some files so that the system knows where to
find the shared libs???

Perhaps a pointer to linux_compat configuration WWW page would be nice.

--
Thanks,
Jeff Kreska

email: jeff_kreska@pts.mot.com   X.400: FJK008@email.mot.com