Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:38:53 +0200
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein@gmail.com>
To:        Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        dinoex@FreeBSD.org, vivek@khera.org, anton@chelcom.ru, g.gonter@ieee.org, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>, mnag@FreeBSD.org, udo.schweigert@siemens.com, krion@FreeBSD.org, st@be.to
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: removing the old cyrus-sasl port

Gabor Kovesdan wrote:
> Dear Port Maintainers,
>
> I would like to inform you that the security/cyrus-sasl port is deprecated and expired. It is
> pretty old and not really supported any more. The only barrier to remove it is, that it has
> some dependant ports, currently the following ones:
>
> databases/cyrus-smlacapd
> japanese/mutt
> japanese/mutt-devel
> mail/exim
> mail/mutt
> mail/postfix
> mail/postfix-current
> mail/postfix1
> mail/sendmail
> www/mod_auth_pwcheck
>
> Could you please modify your ports to use cyrus-sasl2 instead or remove the support for the
> old cyrus-sasl port, please?

While your at it, it would be nice if the WITH_SASL and WITH_SASL2 knobs
would be unified. Some ports interpret WITH_SASL as 'link against
libsasl2', while others (those listed above?) interpret it as 'link
against libsasl'

I think it was openldap vs postfix, where I found out about this. It
makes it unnecessary hard to use one common var in /etc/make.conf for
SASL2 support.

Thanks,
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
"The trouble with the dictionary is you have to know how the word is
spelled before you can look it up to see how it is spelled."