Date:      Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:47:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        dmp@aracnet.com
Cc:        Michael Rothenberg <rothenberg@automationonline.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HW requirements

Hi,

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999 dmp@aracnet.com wrote:

> Michael Rothenberg wrote:
> > I have asked my company cohorts to bring in all their unused computer
> > equip. I plan on making a BSD only box out of all the junk I collect. I

> No less than 8MB.

And a big swap partition.

I had a 486 with 16 MB Ram and only 10 MB swap (my first experimental
system, one 125 MB IDE drive, everything into /, it works). Sometimes the
screen gets many colors, system stops and reboots by itself (how perfect).
This could be circumvented by other 16 MB Ram. So there seems to be some
need for memory, besides the old rule, that swap should be twice as large
as RAM (and a little bit more).

Heiko