Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 22:34:43 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander <amour@bugs.elitsat.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   some things about security (3rd time)

Sorry for bothering you ppl, but I really need to know how to fix few
things on my FreeBSD box. I cam from linux and I'm still a newbie to bsd.
My question is, why when I use adduser to add a user it uses DES to
encrypt his/her pass ? But when I `passwd username` and change his/her
pass the password is MD5 ? How can I make it to use MD5 by default ? (the
adduser command)
And, why the permissions in /home/ are so public ? Every user can read in
other home directories ? I can fix it with chmod but do I have to do it
every time ? And if someone is helpful and pls tell me how to fix these 2
things about `adduser` command ?
thanks