Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:05:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Gruber <knightbg@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   fontconfig-2.2.90

I too am having problems now that I have upgraded my
fontconfig to 2.2.90.  The problem seems unrelated to
web browsers, other than that it is most likely to
turn up there.

As far as I can tell, certain fonts which are not
monospace are being rendered as if they are. However,
not all fonts are affected (I think Matthew may be
correct in that it is adobe fonts).  Since the default
fonts for the system are unaffected, we're only seeing
the problem when we pull up webpages that specify
other fonts (i.e. helvetica).  contrary to what
Matthew says, if I change my gnome properties to use
one of these fonts as the application font, it does
not render it correctly at all, in any application.  i
don't know how to change the default application font
for mozilla, so I didn't test that.

Brian