Date:      Mon, 04 Feb 2002 11:40:42 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP problems in 4.5-STABLE

On 2002-Feb-01 15:00:29 -0500, Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com> wrote:
>try forcing host1's tx0 media type to 10baseT/UTP instead of letting
>it autoselect.

No impact.

Also, on someone else's suggestion, I've tried using "ping -s 8000" to
check for packet loss.  This gives me a loss of 0.1% (1 packet in 1000
or 2 in 2300).  The only oddity is very large RTT's - up to 3 seconds
- whilst an scp is running (14.6msec otherwise).  Even when the scp is
in "go-slow" mode, the RTT's reported by ping can still be 1-2 seconds.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with the NIC or driver.

Peter