Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:30:46 -0500
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@satan.freebsdsystems.com>
To:        Daniel Stehm <daniel.stehm@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD for me?

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

Hi Daniel,
I have been using FreeBSD since '94. Trust me, it's been very hard at times=
 for reasons beyond the scope of this message.=20
Anyway, I started a company which builds servers and home user systems, all=
 built upon FreeBSD. The reason I say that is _not_ to try to sell you anyt=
hing. Rather to say that indeed, FreeBSD imho is the finest of OS's around.=
 With many new ports for various things, I no longer (for some time now) ha=
ve need for a windoze box, other than to test out file and print sharing. Y=
ou can run linux programs with FreeBSD by installing /usr/ports/emulators/l=
inux_base.=20

Yes I truly advocate the use of FreeBSD and spreading the "good news" about=
 FreeBSD's strengths. In actuallity, you have nothing to loose, but a lot t=
o gain in tryingit out.

Regards,
--Lanny

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 01:17:33PM -0500, Daniel Stehm wrote:
> Just wanted to thank everyone for their response to my question. It was
> answered perfectly, and Im going to CompUSA this week with every intention
> of purchasing myself a copy of FreeBSD Power Pack. Again, appreciate
> everyone who replied and helped me in my decision :)
>=20
> Daniel Stehm
>=20
>=20