Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 14:47:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS/ports question

Hi,

I blindly did a CVS update of the /usr/ports hierarchy using the example
file in /usr/share/examples/cvsup on a 2.2.1 machine.  Looking at the CVS
log, I saw that all it did was neatly descend into each directory and
delete the Makefile for each port (I chose to install the ports collection
during a re-install).

Going through and actually *reading* the ports cvsupfile, I see it's for
ports-current, which I suppose explains the above behaviour.

So my question is, can I use CVSUP to get ports-2.2??  I really like
having everything local.  I also noticed that dependancies are now fetched
automatically, which is very nice...

Thanks,

Charles