Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2002 22:12:52 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Nevin E. Leiby" <nel9996@ritvax.rit.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Juniper IOS install woes on FreeBSD machine

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 23:50:45 -0500, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you =
wrote:

>I have begun an research project at my university in hopes of
>implementing a network of FreeBSD workstations running JunOS.

I seriously doubt it will work.  Even if it was possible with x amount of
tweaking, I would be very surprised if Juniper would even official =
sanction
this let alone help you.  If you have a whole mess of PCs that you want =
use for routing simulations, stock FreeBSD boxes running Zebra will do =
you
fine.  If you need some of the more esoteric protocols like ISIS or MPLS,
you could look at the commercial version of Zebra.  But for OSPF, RIP, =
BGP,
the stock zebra works very well.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)