Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 20:25:36 +0200
From:      Jos Backus <Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   mountroot problem

Fyi:

With today's -current I'm unable to remount the root fs during boot. I'm
seeing the infamous ``specified device doesn't match mounted device'' as a
result of ``mount -u /''. The mounted device is ``root_device'' (as set in
sys/kern/vfs_conf.c) according to mount, instead of the usual ``da2s1a''
(which gets changed to ``/dev/da2s1a'' as a result of the mount -u, I've
verified).

Otoh, a kernel built at the end of May 6th works fine.

--
Jos Backus                          _/ _/_/_/  "Reliability means never
                                   _/ _/   _/   having to say you're sorry."