Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:00:08 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Ryan Klinkhammer <klink@seti.tec.sd.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increasing Users

Ryan Klinkhammer wrote:

> Anyone
>         Hello, This is Ryan from Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux
> Falls, SD.  I recently installed FreeBSD 2.1.7.  What I need to do is
> increase the number of simultaneous users from the default 16 to 25.
> However, I am have a hard time finding the kernal file to increase it.
> Can anyone help me on this problem?  Also, is it possible to change the
> boot menu options and is it possible to select another operating system
> without rebooting?
>
>                                         Thanks Ryan

Parameters such as the max. number of pseudo-terminals (which defaults
to 16) are set in the kernel configuration file. See the handbook for
details about building your own kernel. You can use many boot managers
to switch between booting FreeBSD and other OSs. FreeBSD comes with two
of those: BootEasy and OS/BS.

Nadav