Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2015 22:32:48 -0700
From:      Sergey Manucharian <sm@ara-ler.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10 and Bhyve with an intel CPU

Excerpts from David Mehler's message from Wed 09-Dec-15 00:14:

> Yes, my FreeBSD system is on a vm, and I'm wanting it to host vms of it's own.

At [0]:

 Q: Can I run multiple bhyve hosts under VMware nested VT-x EPT?
 A: Yes, but you must enable [1] it: look for the GUI or vhv.allow or
    vhv.enable options

At [1]:

 Virtualized HV is available for virtual hardware version 8 VMs on hosts
 that support Intel VT-x and EPT or AMD-V and RVI, but it cannot be
 selected through the user interface. To enable virtualized HV, edit the
 outer guest's configuration file by hand and add the following line:

  vhv.enable = TRUE

If you read [0] further, there are answers about Linux KVM, VirtualBox
and Hyper-V. The latter two does not support VT-x EPT.

You may want to ask the VM hosting people about their implementation and
configuration.

Sergey

[0] https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve
[1] https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-8970